Dorchester House has remained a vital part of its community since it was established in 1887. Beginning as a one-room industrial school in the Fields Corner neighborhood, Dorchester House has grown from a settlement house into a modern, multi-service center offering a wide range of social, educational, recreational, and health services to people of all ages. Over the past one hundred years, Dorchester House has continuously met the ever changing needs of the Dorchester community.
Genovese, Linda and Mock, Elizabeth R., "Dorchester House Multi-Service Center: One Hundred Years of Community Service, 1887-1987" (1987). Joseph P. Healey Library Publications. Paper 16.