The article presents several poems by Lisa Suhair Majaj.
- "Country." First Line: Here there are cypress trees; Last Line: my world!
- "Practicing Loving Kindness." First Line: Bless the maniac; Last Line: bearing small flames of words.
- "Peace." First Line: Peace is two children walking toward each other from; Last Line: language.
- "No." First Line: There's no poetry in it, Last Line: to have nothing in its hands but dignity.
- "Night Sky." First Line: I line the candles up in my window: Last Line: Baghdad is not so far.
- "Living History." First Line: It's true, whatever we do or don't do may come to haunt us. Last Line: age after age, to light our small human night.
- "Cyclones and Seeds." First Line: Headlines declare retaliations; Last Line: winged seeds upon the storm.
Majaj, Lisa Suhair
"Selected Poems: Country • Practicing Loving Kindness • Peace • No • Night Sky • Living History • Cyclones and Seeds,"
Human Architecture: Journal of the Sociology of Self-Knowledge:
5, Article 17.
Available at: http://scholarworks.umb.edu/humanarchitecture/vol7/iss5/17